||How to fix calibration problem of HP LaserJet 1510 Series Printer
The objective of this project is to fix a HP LaserJet CP 1510 Series printer having color calibration issues.
- Color calibration of a HP Color LaserJet 1250 Series Printer (e.g. CP 1515n) is not working correctly (see top left part of image)
- All attempts to fix the problem otherwise have failed:
- Update to latest firmware
- Repeated calibration done > 3 times
- NVRAM reset
- Reset to Factory defaults from menu
- The following other attempts were not done:
- Replace the ITB assembly (cost reasons)
- Buy set of original HP toner (cost reasons)
- Get the service manual (Google for "HP Color Laserjet CP1215 CP1515 CP1518 Service Manual")
- Follow the instructions for removing the Intermediate Transfer Belt (ITB) assembly
- Turn the ITB assembly upside down
- Take a photo of all 3 trimmer positions (labelled VR1, VR1 and VR2 on the two PCBs)
- Find the trimmer labelled VR1 on the right of the two PCBs (the board with 2 trimmers on it)
- Turn VR1 right (for me 90 degrees worked fine)
- Follow the instructions of the service manual for re-installing the ITB assembly
- This fix will certainly break warranty. Hence, only do it with printers being out of warranty!
- The fix proved to work for a single CP1515n printer. It may have to be modified for other instances.
- If changing VR1 on right PCB does not solve the problem, try the other trimmers (But always remember the original state!)
- When testing the effect of changing the trimmer, you only need to reassemble the following components
- The ITB itself
- The print-cartridge drawer stop
- The Print-cartridge drawer
- But (as always) be careful not to touch any live parts when the printer is connected to power!